This episode I take a look at the founding staple of the Victorian diet. The humble loaf of bread…
Best Cobb Loaf:
7g sachet of yeast
2 tsp castor sugar
1 cup of warm water
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
- Mix yeast, sugar and warm water in a jug. Whisk until dissolved. STand for 10 minutes or until frothy.
- Put flour in a bowl, stir in yeast mix and olive oil and salt. Mix to form a soft dough. Turn oput onto lightly floured surface. Knead for about 10-15 minutes. Put in a large, lightly greased bowl. Cover and set aside in a warm place for about an hour, or until doubled in size.
- After that, fist/knead until returns to original size.
- Grease/oil tray and make a 15cm diameter loaf. Cross cut top in centre.
- Cover with plastic wrap for 30-40 minutes
- Unwrap, brush with whisked egg over the top. Dust with extra flour and sesame seeds
- Heat 180-200 degrees celsius (150-170 for fan forced) for 35-40 mins
Podcast: Play in new window | Download